This quick and easy recipe can be used to make a meal, or a high protein snack!
- Cooking oil – such as rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 4 eggs
- A splash of milk (whichever type you prefer – I used unsweetened soya milk)
- 75g of feta (just under 1/2 a block – or you can use cheddar cheese if you prefer)
- Whichever vegetables you like – I used 1 red pepper and 1 green pepper (other nice options include: spinach, mushroom and cherry tomatoes)
- black pepper
- Chop the onions then sauté these in a pan for 1-2 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Chop the rest of the vegetables then fry these until they begin to soften.
- Whisk the eggs and splash of milk and add some cracked black pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg over the vegetables in the pan and cook this on the hob until the bottom of the omelette becomes firm (use a spatula as this cooks to make sure it doesn’t become stuck to the pan).
- Then to cook the top you can either flip the omelette in the pan, or put it under the grill (this is the easy option, which I usually do!).
- Once cooked you can eat this as is (generally serves 2 people, and you can serve it with a side salad, and steamed potatoes or bread). Otherwise you can slice it into 6 segments and store in the fridge as a handy option for breakfast or a snack on the go!