Support Dietetically Speaking
Maeve provides a range of expert nutrition services – from one to one appointments which focus on you and your individual health goals, to nutrition writing and consultancy for companies and brands.
Accessible, ethical and up to date evidence-based nutritional information is fundamental to all services provided.
Please get in touch by emailing email@example.com if you are interested in any of the services listed below!
1. One to One Appointments
Maeve see’s clients in 2 locations:
- The Dietetically Speaking Clinic: This runs on Wednesday from 1-5pm in Eldon Family Practice, Leonard’s Corner, 119 S Circular Rd, Dublin 8, D08 VC0H. To enquire or book an appointment you can: email firstname.lastname@example.org, ring 00353899486833 or click here for the online booking service.
- The Orla Walsh Nutrition Clinic: This runs on Mondays from 1-7pm and Tuesdays from 10am – 4pm in Premier Physiotherapy, Unit 3 Ballinteer Business Centre, Ballinteer, Dublin 16. To enquire or book an appointment you can: email email@example.com, ring 00353 1 2964964 or click here for the online booking service.
Online appointments via web-chat can be arranged from either clinic if this is more convenient for you.
Appointments are individualised for each client, and usually involve:
- Assessment of relevant background information – such as medical history, current medication, recent blood tests, digestive function and lifestyle factors (e.g. physical activity, stress)
- Measurement of body composition (where appropriate)
- Full dietary analysis
- Dietary education & a personalised nutrition plan
Nutritional support is available for a range of reasons, including:
- Healthy eating and general diet check-up
- Heart healthy diet (including for those who have heart disease)
- Eating disorders and disordered eating
- Gut issues – including IBS, constipation, diverticulitis, coeliac disease, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- Mindful eating
- Plant-based diets
- Nutrition for the whole family – including babies, children and teens
- Fussy eating
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Nutrition to optimise fertility (for both males and females)
- Nutrition during pregnancy
- Help with gaining or losing weight
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Nutrition for older people
- Diet for good bone health
- Diet during menopause
- Advice for those with arthritis and gout
- Reflux and heartburn
Information About The Dietetically Speaking Clinic:
Fees at the Dietetically Speaking Clinic:
- Initial appointments (last can last up to 1 hour): €100
- Follow up appointments (can last up to 30 minutes): €50
- Bespoke weekly meal plan: €25 per week (i.e. €25 for a one week meal plan, €100 for a 4 week meal plan)
Package deals at the Dietetically Speaking Clinic:
- Initial appointment plus 5 review appointments: €300 (saving of €50)
- 7 review appointments: €300 (saving of €50)
- 90 minute consultation for 2 people: €160 (saving of €40)
As Maeve is registered with both CORU (CORU number: DI037648) and the Irish Dietetic and Nutrition Institute (MINDI number: 1987) clients are entitled to partial reimbursement from health insurance companies based in Ireland. Appointment receipts can also be used to claim for health expense relief via the Med 1 tax form.
Clinic Policy: We ask for 24 hours notice for appointment cancellation in order to avoid a late cancellation fee of 50% of the consultation price. Those who do not attend an appointment without providing any notice will be charged the full consultation fee, and may be asked to pay for the next appointment in advance.
For information about the Orla Walsh Nutrition Clinic, including price see here.
2. Nutrition Consultancy
Bespoke nutritional support for your brand or company, which may include: product development, nutrition communications, nutritional analysis, allergy labelling, developing educational resources (in a variety of formats including: documents, infographics, presentations and videos) or delivering educational sessions such as workshops or webinars.
3. Nutrition & Health Writing
Articles and blog posts on a range of nutritional topics, which can be tailored towards a specific audience.
Examples of Maeve’s writing can be found on the blogs and articles sections of this website.
4. Media & Social Media Work
Comments and quotes for news articles and PR campaigns with an evidence based focus.
Maeve may review products/services, conduct competitions/giveaways, affiliate partnerships and sponsored posts which are in line with her disclosure policy.
If you would like to work with me then please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Any email contact details I receive will be handled in compliance with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). I will keep your contact details for no longer than one year following our last correspondence or until you request that I to delete them. I will not distribute, sell or lease personal information to third parties unless we have your strict permission or are required by law to do so. For further details see my disclosure policy.
This page was last updated in December 2019
Maeve has been consulting on The Food Medic Educational Hub for 12 months now and has been a huge asset to the team. Her ability to translate some very nuanced topics in nutrition into easy-to-follow, informative articles and infographics is really admirable.
Dr Hazel Wallace
Founder of The Food Medic
Maeve is incredibly talented at sharing scientific information in an easy to understand way. The content she shares with us is always really interesting, clear, and of very high quality. She’s one of our favourite writers to work with!
Senior UX Writer at Thriva Health
Maeve has written extensively for NHD magazine over the last few years, producing a wealth of dietetic and nutritional articles. Always evidence based and factual, Maeve creates material that is relevant and very readable. She provides high quality work with a professional and friendly approach. Maeve is a beacon of high quality knowledge and work within the nutrition writing community; and someone NHD magazine is proud to work with.
Editor of Nutrition Health Digest