To keep everything transparent, here is some information about the background workings, intentions and integrity of this blog. I will endeavour to keep this disclosure policy up to date.
Aim & Ethos
- The aim of Dietetically Speaking is to promote evidence based nutrition in a clear and accessible way. I also aim to celebrate all things food, nutrition and healthy lifestyle related by sharing tips, advice and recipes.
- I promote a healthy and balanced approach to diet and lifestyle. I don’t think that any foods should be demonised or that any one particular food makes a diet healthy; it’s all about moderation and variety rather than an obsessive focus.
- This blog reflects who I am both personally and professionally.
- I am a UK Registered Dietitian with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and I am a member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA). I aim to use my knowledge and skills as a Dietitian in an accurate and professionally responsible manner.
- In view of the importance of transparency I have signed up to with RDs4Disclosure UK and have pledged to blog with integrity. This means I am bound by an ethical code of conduct and will not provide false and misleading information.
- The advice given on this website is aimed at the general public and should not be used as an alternative to individually tailored advice given by a registered health professional.
- All of the images featured on this website are from copyright-free sources.
Advertising, Product/Service Reviews & Partnerships
- All of the views represented in my blog posts (and related social media sites) are my own and are 100% honest. I also screen all guest posts which are shared on this website to ensure that the messages fit into the overarching aims and ethos of this website.
- I will always disclose in a clear manner if I receive any samples, money or other incentives related to blog or social media posts and receiving these will not influence the opinions, topics or content of my blog (as per the Internet Advertising Bureau: IAB guidelines).
- I will only ever review, advertise or feature products/services which I believe could be of interest and benefit to my followers. Mentioning a product doesn’t automatically imply endorsement or recommendation of this product. I will never make or support unjustifiable statements relating to particular products (as per HCPC & BDA guidelines) or promote one product over another (as per food industry regulations).
- Any reviews of products are based on my personal tastes and preferences, and a nutrition assessment based on my professional observation and training as a Registered Dietitian.
- As per ASA and IAB affiliate marketing guidelines I will always disclaim partnerships and I will clearly state if there are any affiliate links included in content posted on this website. When affiliate links are included, this means that at no extra cost to you I will earn a commission for click-through purchases.
- I will always clearly highlight when other professionals have proof-read or contributed to any of the content on this website.
- A big thank you to the Rds4disclosureuk website for their guidance in completing this disclosure policy; and in particular to Nic at Nic’s Nutrition for kindly allowing me to adapt the disclosure policies from her website.
- Special thanks to my boyfriend Anthony O’Neill for supporting Dietetically Speaking, designing this website and not to mention acting as on-demand IT support!
This page was last updated in February 2018