This is such a handy and delicious brunch option which only takes about 20 minutes to make.
I used frozen veg in this recipe to make it quick & easy, you can swap this for fresh, chopped versions if you prefer – if so, you will just need to sauté for longer so they start to soften before adding the tinned tomatoes.
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 handfuls of frozen chopped onion
1 tbsp of frozen chopped garlix
2 handfuls of frozen chopped peppers
1 tbsp of olive or rapeseed oil
1 tsp of chilli flakes (or more if you can handle the heat!)
2 tbsp frozen coriander
1 tsp sugar
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
50g (1/4 of a block) of feta
2 large wholegrain wraps
1 large handful of fresh coriander or basil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion, garlic, peppers, chilli flakes & coriander and sauté for 3-4 mins, until everything has defrosted fully. If there is any water in the pan at this stage drain it off.
- Add the tinned tomatoes & sugar, then bring to the boil and reduce to a gentle simmer for ~10 mins, until the sauce has thickened enough to make wells for the eggs.
- Use a large serving spoon to make 4 wells in this, crack the eggs in and out a lid on the pan and reduce the heat to low for ~8 minutes, until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- While the eggs are cooking, fold the wraps in 4 and put them on the toaster on a low to medium setting, after the pop open them halfway so they are a semi-circle, then fold them the opposite way so the side that was in the middle is now on the outside and toast them again.
- Once the eggs are cooked turn off the heat, crumble the feta and top and scatter with fresh herbs, option to tear the wraps in 4 and arrange to surround the dish. Enjoy!