This is a delicious and warming soup, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! This soup also freezes well, so you can double or triple the recipe and freeze extra portions if you like.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 beetroots
- 2 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 1 low-salt vegetable stock cube in ~500ml of boiling water, another ~500ml of veg stock from boiled veg (or you can use 1 low-salt vegetable stock cube in a litre of boiling water instead)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- Fresh basil & bread to serve
- Peel and chop the vegetables, then heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the leek and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beetroot and carrot and sauté for a further 10 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the spices and pepper, followed by the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Once all the vegetables are fully cooked, blitz with a hand blender and stir in the cream cheese.
- Top with fresh basil, serving with toast and cream cheese is a nice option.