Support Dietetically Speaking
Maeve Hanan graduated with a First Class BSc Honours Degree in Dietetics from the University of Ulster Coleraine (Northern Ireland).
She has also completed additional courses, such as:
- Training on the use of a low FODMAP diet for IBS by Monash University
- Training in intuitive eating for healthcare professionals by the London Centre for Intuitive Eating
- Motivational interviewing (behaviour change) course for health professionals
- British Dietetic Association ‘cow’s milk protein allergy for infants’ course
Maeve gained a variety of clinical experience from working in the NHS in areas such as:
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease
- Weight management
- Tube feeding
- Nutrition during illness and after surgery
- IBS and bowel problems
- Coeliac disease
- Food Allergies
- Infant and childhood nutrition
- Nutrition for older people
- Food allergies
- Eating disorders
She has experience as a Health Writer and has featured in reputable magazines and blogs such as:
- Complete Nutrition Magazine
- Nutrition Health Digest
- Dietetics Today
- Examine Research Digest
- The Food Medic Educational Hub
- Diet vs. Disease
Maeve also works with the media, provides nutrition consultancy services for brands and companies, runs nutrition workshops and speaks at conferences and events (see her services page for more information).
She also enjoys working with people on a one to one basis, to help them break through the confusing media messages about nutrition, and find a healthy way of eating that works for them in the long-term. She is currently providing maternity cover for Orla Walsh (Orla Walsh Nutrition) at the Dublin Nutrition Centre and Premier Physiotherapy in Ballinteer. You can find more information on her services and contact page.
Maeve is really passionate about spreading evidence-based nutrition messages and fighting nutritional nonsense. She regularly posts on her popular Dietetically Speaking social media pages and writes blog posts about this. You can also check out her free monthly newsletter for regular evidence-based updates about nutrition.
If you would like to work with Maeve, or if you have any questions then please contact her:
To make an appointment to see Maeve in clinic go to her contact page.
Social Media Accounts:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DieteticallySpeaking/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dieteticallyspeaking/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DieteticSpeak
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maeve-hanan-934b4170/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGWlUJHgPQeFirx54_275jg
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/DieteticallySpeaking
This page was last updated in January 2019
Maeve has been consulting on The Food Medic Educational Hub for 12 months now and has been a huge asset to the team. Her ability to translate some very nuanced topics in nutrition into easy-to-follow, informative articles and infographics is really admirable.
Dr Hazel Wallace
Founder of The Food Medic
Maeve is incredibly talented at sharing scientific information in an easy to understand way. The content she shares with us is always really interesting, clear, and of very high quality. She’s one of our favourite writers to work with!
Senior UX Writer at Thriva Health
Maeve has written extensively for NHD magazine over the last few years, producing a wealth of dietetic and nutritional articles. Always evidence based and factual, Maeve creates material that is relevant and very readable. She provides high quality work with a professional and friendly approach. Maeve is a beacon of high quality knowledge and work within the nutrition writing community; and someone NHD magazine is proud to work with.
Editor of Nutrition Health Digest